Saint Michael, Barbados
The office operates between the hours of 09:00 and midnight (on split shift patterns 0900 – 1800 & 1500 – midnight), Monday to Friday with the occasional requirement for Saturday and Sunday work in line with business requirements.
About us and the department this role sits in:
We’re the foundation brand bringing together our three companies, Lime, Calrom & Aviate, all with unique services to the travel trade.
This role sits within Groups, a tight-knit team delivering outstanding service across multiple channels to our partners in the UK and North America. With complex bookings and a specialist customer base, every day brings a fresh challenge but solving them is what we do best!
To support your personal development, the team and wider company is dedicated to providing plenty of training opportunities, helping team members to flourish in their roles.
Do you want to make an impact on our growing business? We’re looking for two experienced Team Leaders with a focus on maximising the performance of the Groups teams, ensuring SLAs are met and dealing with incoming queries and escalations. The successful candidate must ensure that the team are providing excellent service levels to external and internal customers, thus helping to achieve operational targets and hit budgets.
We’d love it if you have travel industry experience, however full training on our systems will be provided so we’d love to hear from any tech-savvy individuals with great customer service and leadership skills.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Team/Office Manager including:
- Recruitment of team members
- Co-ordination and liaising closely with the UK and South African offices to ensure seamless cover and a smooth, exceptional customer journey from start to finish
- Allocating rotas to cover all shift patterns
- Contributing to staff PDPs, training plans and recording of achievements
- Training staff and ensuring they have relevant skills to carry out their role
- Daily assistance of team members to prioritise workloads and allocate jobs to the team, ensuring all deadlines are achieved to high standards
- Ensuring that customer service is carried out in line with the company service level agreements by carrying out quality control of calls and emails
- Acting as first point of escalation for any problems/complaints, including investigating errors to minimise costs
- Understanding agents/operators flight needs and advising appropriate solution in an accurate, friendly manner via phone and email
- Using airline GDS to:
- Check availability
- Price flight itineraries
- Make bookings
- Amendments (flight amendments/upgrades)
- Keeping up to date with product updates from partner airlines
- Effectively using the database to check operator’s details and update with notes
- Liaising with other departments and partner airlines over fares, offers, airline products, ticket figures & finance
- Testing new versions of in-house systems and assisting with Tour Operator system training
- Keep track of the team’s service levels, write-offs, potential write offs, EMD refunds & ADMS and report monthly to the Team/Office Manager
- Improving processes and efficiencies of the department to reduce errors, achieve sales targets, streamline processes and reduce call volumes
- Working closely with the Systems & Partnerships teams to escalate and communicate any system faults as needed
- Boosting productivity while maintaining a high level of staff morale
We think you’ll be a great fit if you:
- Have previous team leader experience in a fast-paced operational environment with monthly targets
- Have proven experience of acting as a mentor and coach with a commitment to people development
- Ideally have travel industry experience, particularly with flights or airline GDS knowledge
- Be commercially astute with a strong customer service ethic
- Be educated to diploma or degree level
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word, Teams/Zoom on-line conferencing
- Maintain high levels of accuracy with strong time management skills
- Be flexible with regards to overseas travel as and when require
- Be a committed, enthusiastic and supportive team member
- Deliver an efficient and professional service
- Aim to “self-learn / develop” skills and understanding of industry practices, procedures and policies that would impact on the Travel Innovation Group
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should click below to apply via email. Please include a covering letter and CV with salary expectations and the names and contact details of two business references.