You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Our tight-knit Groups Support team are our service smashers, delivering outstanding service to our partners in the UK and North America by phone or email. With a specialist customer base including schools, tour operators, VIPs and more, they’re the absolute pros when it comes to handling complex bookings with a problem-solving mindset that allows us to deliver the legendary service we’re known for.
Do you want to make an impact on our growing business? We’re looking for enthusiastic Groups Specialists to join our team in Barbados and provide exceptional service via phone and email to our audience of tour operators, direct customers and airline partners.
We’d love it if you have travel industry experience, however full training on our systems will be provided so we’d love to hear from any tech-savvy individuals with great customer service skills.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Providing a friendly, exceptional level of customer service to our external and internal Groups customers, whilst servicing bookings to a high standard
- Effectively selling and servicing business for our airline partners booked through travel organisations/direct consumers
- Processing all aspects of sales administration such as airline quotes and booking confirmations whilst ensuring adherence to set processes and guidelines
- Servicing all enquiries & bookings via email and phone to a high standard, ensuring that internal SLAs and deadlines are met
- Providing monthly performance reports to your line manager
- Using a GDS to check availability, price flight itineraries, make bookings, reserve seating, issue tickets, amend/refund bookings and read GDS queues
- Using industry knowledge and initiative to choose the most appropriate airlines to meet client’s requirements
- Working on own initiative without constant supervision
- Keeping up to date with all airline deadlines for deposits, balance payments, names & ticketing
- Ensuring payments are received from clients in good time to meet deadlines
- Developing a good understanding of the market and competition
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have travel industry experience, particularly within a Flights or Groups department, or knowledge of airline GDS
- Be educated to a minimum of Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Certificate (CXC) level (numeracy and literacy)
- Be commercially astute and pro-active with a strong customer service ethic
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word and Teams/Zoom
- Maintain high levels of accuracy with strong time management skills
- Be committed, positive and enthusiastic team members
- Aim to ‘self-learn/develop’ skills and understanding of industry practices
- Keep product knowledge & operational skills up to date undertaking appropriate training as required
- Be flexible with regards working patterns in line with business needs
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should click below to apply via email. Please include a covering letter and CV with salary expectations and the names and contact details of two business references.