You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
The commercial department is the hub of new opportunities where relationships with suppliers are forged and nurtured. Our astute commercial minds are the first port of call for travel suppliers seeking to distribute to our broad-spanning market, whilst also managing the relationships from initial project scoping through to day-to-day performance reporting.
Our Commercial Operations Executive will maximise the efficiency of the Commercial team, ensuring that we have the best product available for sale, and offer expert fares support and advice to internal and external customers.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Assist the department to be more proactive in identifying and realising commercial opportunities.
- Provide cover to ensure SLAs are always maintained
- Make available online, to set Service Levels, appropriate airline fares
- Communicate new fares, changes, updates to relevant internal and external customers
- Respond quickly to fare queries from internal customers
- Distribute and price fares across four main GDS
- Identify outstanding fares that will be commercially beneficial for the business to promote
- Help reduce losses from airline ADMs and obtain profit from unused tickets
- Assist GDS bookers with GDS related matters/Fare loading and training.
- Foster good relationships with airline contacts
- Ensure better coordination between Fares – Sales – Marketing
The successful candidate will:
- Have GDS skills (Amadeus and/or Galileo)
- Understand airlines fares, in particular net fares and cat25/35 pricing, and the flight sales/tour operator market
- Possess excellent customer service skills – an essential to deliver and efficient and professional service to internal and external customers
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to communicate positively and effectively, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a committed, enthusiastic and supportive team member
- Maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work in a positive, proactive and determined manner