You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Ensuring we stay on the straight and narrow are our finance heroes! Not only do they produce all of our management accounts, financial reports, and key financial information but they’re a core touchpoint in liaising between the many suppliers, tour operator & agent partners, and contractors that we work with. Nothing gets past our financiers!
The Finance Assistant will be a part of a dynamic and fluid finance team and have the ability to be flexible and step into in all Finance positions as and when required. This will involve covering various ad hoc duties within the Finance function eg. cash book, purchase ledger, sales ledger.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Daily reconciliation of bank account(s), including posting to Sage for any payments/receipts
- Responsibility for the operation of the Purchase Ledger
- Responsibility for the operation of the Sales Ledger
- Daily submission of Direct Debits
- Supporting team with reconciliations and adhoc simple tasks towards completion of management accounts
- Liaising with the operations department on any queries that may arise
- Dealing with daily queries from tour operators
The successful candidate will:
- Experience in Sage 50 / Sage 200
- Proficient in Excel
- Have excellent verbal and written skills with a positive, proactive attitude
- A level maths / Accountancy / working toward AAT etc. and or relevant experience in a similar role would be beneficial