You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Our Business Analysts are the experts in gathering, documenting and communicating the needs of our customers to the wider development team, a crucial part of how the Travel Innovation Group deliver on its commitment to providing legendary service.
This role will be working for Calrom, our dynamic software development company specialising in B2B advanced pricing, booking management and ticketing engines for the airline sector.
Due to our market-leading position and continued growth, we’re looking for a talented Business Analyst with a passion for analysing, determining and defining our customer’s business requirements to deliver products which are truly fit for purpose.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Uncover and elicit the real business problems & goals from the stated customer intent using multiple methods, including questions, meetings, interviews, document analysis, workshops, and other means
- Critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish true needs rather than user preconceptions
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to deliver the necessary artefacts, including business requirements documents, user stories, use cases, flowcharts, functional specifications, and system documentation
- Model business processes, map business workflows, and communicate processes clearly, completely, and efficiently
- Perform gap analysis, producing relevant artefacts to effectively communicate the outcome
- Collaborate with project management, technical management, subject matter experts, and system architects to establish the business case
- Build a deep understanding of our business, products, services, and customer needs to fully assess new requirements ensuring the contribute to the overall product roadmap and deliver real customer value
- Work with the project team to review and assess test failures and determine whether those result from a misunderstanding of the business requirement, require changes to the business requirements, or other mitigation efforts are required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A technical or travel-related background
- Knowledge of software methodologies
- An inquisitive mind and desire for continuous learning
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Self-motivation and a delivery-focused mindset
- The ability to think critically and problem solve regarding systems, products and services to successfully deliver a positive outcome
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills to encourage and influence our external and internal stakeholders