You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Straddling the Flights and Finance teams, this role is uniquely placed as a core touchpoint in liaising between Finance, Customer Support, Commercial and Systems. They’re investigators of issues, with a problem-solving mindset to bring solutions to complex ticketing issues – nothing gets past them!
The department operates between the hours of 09:00 and 17:30, Monday to Friday. The breakdown of your normal hours of work will be by agreement with your manager.
The Flights Admin team is pivotal within the business and forms a proactive link between Finance and other departments such as Customer Service, Commercial and Systems. The role is perfect for an individual with an inquisitive mind and a desire for problem solving to investigate any issues, resolving where able or suggesting a fix that can be put into place.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Managing the daily check process to ensure all tickets are reflected correctly and any issues are identified
- Prioritise and investigate issues, work to identify the issue and resolve where possible
- Provide a link between finance and other departments within the Group to ensure the correct allocation / recognition of tickets issued
- Identify any system issues and work with the relevant departments to propose a fix or a workaround to ensure the issue is resolved
- Help in the production of management information to understand outstanding issues, reasons for these issues and how these issues are being resolved
The successful candidate will have:
- GDS knowledge is highly beneficial
- A good knowledge of Excel
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving skills in order to identify and define problems
- A general understanding of Finance processes and BSP knowledge is also beneficial but not essential, as training will be provided
- Capacity to adapt short-term change to deal with unexpected problems or tasks efficiently
- The ability to prioritise and work to key deadlines
- Good numeric skills for resolution and understanding of errors
- Strong communication skills for resolution and understanding of errors