You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Our tight-knit Groups Support team are our service smashers, delivering outstanding service to our partners in the UK and North America by phone or email. With a specialist customer base including schools, tour operators, VIPs and more, they’re the absolute pros when it comes to handling complex bookings with a problem-solving mindset that allows us to deliver the legendary service we’re known for.
The Groups Reservations Sales Specialist will build a professional rapport with travel agencies to encourage repeat business, delivering a friendly and efficient service to travel organisations or direct customers via phone and email. By proactively selling and servicing group bookings, the Groups Reservations Sales Specialist must understand customer needs to advise effective solutions and work with the Team Leader to drive a growth in ticket sales, hit budgets and deliver profits – all within airline deadlines and terms & conditions.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Monitor and action all email & telephone requests for bookings
- Use a GDS (e.g. Amadeus) to:
- Check availability
- Price flight itineraries (manual & CAT35)
- Make bookings
- Reserve seating
- Read booking ‘queues’
- Construct nett fares from Cat35
- Make sound commercial decisions on margins & pricing on a booking by booking basis
- Work on own initiative without constant supervision
- Keep on top of all airline deadlines for deposits, balance payments, names & ticketing
- Develop a good understanding of the market and competition
- Form close ties with staff within airline partners to strengthen relationships
The successful candidate will:
- Thrive on delivering an excellent experience with exceptional customer service skills
- Be a committed, enthusiastic and supportive team member
- Deliver an efficient and professional service to internal and external customers
- Maintain high levels of accuracy
- Work in a positive, proactive and determined manner
Don’t worry – we’d love it if you’re experienced in travel, but full training is provided if you’re new to the industry!