You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Our tight-knit Groups Support team are our service smashers, delivering outstanding service to our partners in the UK and North America by phone or email. With a specialist customer base including schools, tour operators, VIPs and more, they’re the absolute pros when it comes to handling complex bookings with a problem-solving mindset that allows us to deliver the legendary service we’re known for.
By offering a specialist service to travel organisations or direct consumers for groups of 10 or more passengers, Groups Specialists must deliver exceptional support by phone, email or online thus helping to drive sales, hit budgets and deliver profits. It’s all about having a keen eye for detail and the willingness to learn, as Groups Specialists should understand complex flight needs, different airline routes and terms & conditions to advise the best solutions for each group.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Monitor and action all email & telephone requests for bookings
- Use a GDS (e.g. Amadeus) to:
- Check availability
- Price flight itineraries
- Make & Ticket bookings
- Action Post ticket amendments
- Use industry knowledge and initiative to choose best airlines to approach to meet the groups requirements
- Make sound commercial decisions on margins & pricing on a booking by booking basis
- Work on own initiative without constant supervision
- Keep on top of all airline deadlines for deposits, balance payments, names & ticketing
- Develop a good understanding of the market and competition
- Form close ties with staff within airline partners to strengthen relationships
The successful candidate will:
- Thrive on delivering an excellent experience with exceptional customer service skills
- Be a committed, enthusiastic and supportive team member
- Deliver an efficient and professional service to internal and external customers
- Maintain high levels of accuracy
- Work in a positive, proactive and determined manner
Don’t worry – we’d love it if you’re experienced in travel, but full training is provided if you’re new to the industry!