You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Our Systems team are the gateway between our client facing brands and our development company Calrom. Responsible for coordinating bug fixes, test plans, system releases; they ensure both our bespoke travel systems and integrations are running seamlessly.
The Junior Technical Support Specialist will deliver high quality system updates and enhancements through detailed testing, ensuring our products, applications and Systems are working as expected. They’ll also provide support and be recognised as a subject matter expert on internal systems and GDS systems – full training on which will be provided.
Tasks & responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Serving as first line support for all technical and general queries via various channels (email, phone etc) for our products
- Troubleshooting client and internal issues thoroughly and communicating resolutions to the end user in a precise and clear fashion, with working examples and documentation
- Escalating technical issues to the team and Product Manager with clear and precise information and examples to ensure a swift resolution
- Working alongside the Relationship Manager and the wider team to onboard new clients with various user stories
- Regression testing and release testing of new features and products
- Creating and delivery of release notes and training for internal and external use
- Monitoring health and usage via our alerting and monitoring systems, flagging issues, and creating monitoring dashboards to create a robust overview of our product usage and stability
- Being a part of creating a wide knowledge base for internal and external use, via documentation and Portal management
- Being a technical expert for our product offering including TIG API, TIG Cache, Ticketing Robot(s) and Customer GDS Integrations
The successful candidate will have:
- Be ready for extensive training on all technical and non-technical aspects of the role.
- Be a committed, enthusiastic, and supportive team member.
- Be aware of company and teams’ goals, aims and SLA’s and strive to achieve at every opportunity.
- Deliver an efficient and professional service to customers.
- Attend and contribute in a positive and objective manner at team meetings or any relevant departmental/company meetings.
- Compile accurate business communications and reports as required.
- Acknowledge correspondence within set standards and timescales.
- Assist other departments when and where necessary to ensure business continuity and minimum standard performance.
- Strive to continuously improve the quality (presentation, accuracy, and coverage) of information relevant to the product.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Excel & Word.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Prioritising and time-management.