You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
A highly passionate bunch, our development team bring our unique software solutions to life. From brand new products, to continually developing and improving our existing systems, they’re the ones who let our innovations become reality. We love to see our people grow and develop with room for both career and skills development across the organization.
This role will be working for Calrom, our dynamic software development company specialising in B2B advanced pricing, booking management and ticketing engines for the airline sector.
We’re looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to contribute to our continual process of improving our CI/CD processes and technology stack.
Overall, we look for people who have an inquisitive mind, are always learning, and to whom DevOps is a passion: someone who isn’t scared to look under the covers to figure out how things work, and ultimately why it may not be working as expected. You will work with a group of highly passionate technology people who want to develop the best systems in their chosen business area.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Building and setting up monitoring for applications and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Working with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and deploying workloads in container orchestrators.
- Solid experience with application performance monitoring and associated tools such as Application Insights and Grafana
- Exposure to DevOps toolchain like Azure Pipelines, Flux CD, Argo CD, etc and setting up CI/CD pipelines
- A good understanding of DevOps, GitOps and Agile principles
- Experience in deploying containerized applications
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, Bash, NodeJS)
- Awareness of industry best practices and trends and have acquired at least one major skill outside of monitoring such as performance optimization, documentation, integration testing.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Ansible, ARM, Chef, Puppet etc (not essential but a great bonus)
- Knowledge of Linux and networking principles (not essential but a great bonus)
- Knowledge of programming languages (not essential but a great bonus)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time