You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Our Travel Agent Partnerships team have it all: they’re relationship builders and support stars to our travel trade partners making bespoke package bookings for them via phone and email. Commercially minded and full of travel knowledge, they’re experts at finding the best packages across a whole range of our products including airfares, hotels and cruise.
The department currently operates between the hours of 09:00 and 17:30 Monday to Friday and 09:00 to 15:00 on Saturday. The breakdown of your normal hours of work will be by agreement with your manager on a shift basis and you cover one in four Saturdays on rotation.
Our Travel Consultants create mainly Cruise Package bookings by selling and servicing package bookings via phone and email, helping to drive sales, hit targets and deliver products. You’ll have access to a varied product range, plus in-house contracted properties and third-party suppliers, to book itineraries including ground or cruise itineraries, handle commission and VAT queries, take balance queries and amend bookings.
With a current focus on cruise sales, we’d love to hear from a candidate with a keen interest in cruising and how this sector operates within the wider travel market.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Delivering exceptional customer care via phone and email through relationship management and a desire to exceed client’s needs
- Develop strong agent, operator and supplier relationships to understand their needs and goals
- Use various online systems to check availability, issue quotes, make bookings and any subsequent management of quotes and bookings.
- Make sound commercial decisions on margins & pricing on a booking by booking basis
- Develop a good understanding of the market and competition
- Package together a number of inspirational itineraries each month for websites and social media pages
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally have previous Tour Operator experience in a similar Tour Operator (Cruise) reservations role
- Ideally have experience; or knowledge of, Tour Operator reservations systems and software.
- Understand the difference between margin and mark-up
- Have a track record of creating and developing exceptional relationships
- Be confident, approachable, and an enthusiastic communicator with a passion for travel
- Work well under pressure with excellent communication skills
- Be organised and possess strong time management skills
- Seek solutions when faced with a problem
- Demonstrate resilience, flexibility and the ability to thrive working independently and remotely
- Represent the business at supplier events, training and supplier visits when required
- Have strong organisation and time management skills
- Work in a positive, proactive, and determined manner
- Have knowledge of Travelink Reservations system (desirable)
- Be Amadeus proficient (or other relevant GDS) (desirable)
- Have excellent IT skills including the Microsoft Office suite of Products, including Teams, Excel and Word