You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
The Commercial department is the hub of new opportunities where relationships with suppliers are forged and nurtured. Our astute commercial minds are the first port of call for travel suppliers seeking to distribute to our broad-spanning market, whilst also managing the relationships from initial project scoping through to day-to-day performance reporting.
The department operates between the hours of 08:00 and 19:00, Monday to Friday. The breakdown of your normal hours of work will be by agreement with your manager.
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic and experienced team member with a passion for sales and customer management. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting client relationships with our Global Distribution System (GDS) users and operating a Level 1 helpdesk support. We are the front-line people think of, should they require expert GDS advice in regards to fare distribution, fare queries or additional servicing products available; alongside operating as the escalation point for both external clients and our internal product teams.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Support client relationships, ensuring that we remain their main flights provider of choice
- Develop trusted relationships with our clients to ensure competitive advantage via GDS offering, after developing a thorough understanding of key client needs and requirements.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on customers of GDS sales activities for our agency management records.
- Provide Level 1 helpdesk support including specialised GDS and fare/product knowledge and training to internal Travel Innovation Group departments and external customers.
- Communicate new fares, changes and airline updates to all stakeholders to ensure compliance of sales and mitigate financial risk exposure.
- Create airline/fare user guides and other relevant documentation to support the department objectives.
- Distribute fares via various GDS platforms to our customers systems
- Make recommendations on GDS and/or Travel Innovation Group developed products and services best suited to our customers needs.
- Work closely with internal departments ensuring knowledge share of GDS customers.
To complete these tasks and responsibilities you will need to accomplish the following. Not to worry, these areas will be backed with a thorough training plan to enable you to flourish at each and are not pre-requisites for application:
- Have a good understanding of each airlines’ products and routes.
- Be able to explain our brand story and ethos to sell our products and services along with any new product developments (internal and externally)
- Become proficient in all three GDS fare distribution tools.
- Produce accurate reports from Travel Innovation Groups’s reporting system and/or update excel data supplied by airlines.
- Carry out spot-checks/quality validation and testing of incoming fares.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold previous experience in an Account Management/Sales role and worked in a customer-facing environment, managing relationships with stakeholders within a business.
Have demonstrable skills in:
- Providing a customer-first positive attitude to resolving queries and support.
- Identifying opportunity to increase business through strong partnerships and additional product value to customers
- Possess effective time management skills with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Have worked with various reporting structures to enable competency at identifying performance, trends and opportunities for focus (MS Excel or similar)
- Ideally have previous GDS experience or aviation/travel background.