Deputy Financial Controller
37.5 hours per week between 09:00 – 17:30, Monday to Friday
About us and the department this role sits in:
We’re the foundation brand bringing together our three companies, Lime, Calrom & Aviate, all with unique services to the travel trade.
Ensuring we stay on the straight and narrow are our finance heroes! Not only do they produce all of our management accounts, financial reports, and key financial information but they’re a core touchpoint in liaising between the many suppliers, tour operator & agent partners, and contractors that we work with.
The Travel Innovation Group has three Financial Controllers responsible for different aspects of the business. This role works these Finance Controllers across all areas as the business dictates.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Supporting the FCs in the management of the finance department
- Deputising for any of the FC’s as and when required
- Assisting in the review of monthly financial reports
- Maintaining documentation for accounting procedures and policies
- Supporting the FCs with compliance to statutory law, finance and tax regulations
- Solving technical accounting issues
- Auditing the efficiency of business processes and assisting with improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Assisting in the delivery of key projects within the finance department for example to transition of SAGE 200 to SAGE X3
We think you’ll be a great fit if you are:
- Have recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc)
- Have experience of computerised accounting software and an aptitude for system improvements and developments
- Work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Think objectively
- Be motivated to develop knowledge and skills and improve processes
- Be excellent at communicating, capable of updating and directing all levels of staff, both internal and external to the department
- Remain driven to meet personal and departmental deadlines
What you’ll get:
- Annual company bonus in addition to your salary.
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays.
- 5% matched company pension contribution.
- Modern office with on-site gym and bar so you can enjoy a free drink on a Friday!
- Internal training academy to support your learning and personal development.
- Additional company benefits to support your wellbeing and happiness