You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Our Systems team are the gateway between our client facing brands and our development company Calrom. Responsible for coordinating bug fixes, test plans, system releases; they ensure both our bespoke travel systems and integrations are running seamlessly.
The department operates flexibly between the hours of 08:00 – 19:00, Monday to Friday. The breakdown of your normal hours of work will be by agreement with your manager.
The core focus of this role will be to work within a Level 1 Help Desk (Software support), providing quality service to our airline and travel trade customers, as well as other teams within the business internally.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Provide helpdesk support and be recognised as a subject matter expert on internal systems and GDS systems.
- Deliver high quality System updates and enhancements through detailed QA testing.
- Ensure our products, applications and Systems are working as expected.
- Be the first point of contact for customers when they require any systems assistance.
- Investigate queries from customers during their usage of our systems.
- Investigate technical queries and problems, including working with XML and JSON files.
- Investigate fare and pricing related queries.
- Triage issues to the relevant department if we are unable to answer a query or provide a fix ourselves.
- Answer any general questions from customers about our products.
- Understand customer businesses and how they use our products.
- Follow issues through to resolution in conjunction with various departments.
- Communicate updates, answers and fixes to customers as required.
- Investigate and escalate any reports of outages and down time.
- Provide support and be recognised as a subject matter expert on designated products and systems.
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new functionality, fixes, and version upgrades.
- Liaise with system development teams, product owners and other relevant teams.
- Contribute to knowledge base comments and articles to further internal and external knowledge transfer.
- Look to increase online documentation and self-help system usage.
- Produce user guides & deliver training.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a committed, enthusiastic, and supportive team member.
- Be aware of company’s goals and aims and strive to achieve at every opportunity.
- Deliver an efficient and professional service to TIG’s internal and external customers.
- Attend and contribute in a positive and objective manner at team meetings or any relevant departmental/company meetings.
- Compile accurate business letters/reports as required.
- Acknowledge correspondence within set standards and timescales.
- Assist other departments when and where necessary to ensure business continuity and minimum standard performance.
- Maintain systems to ensure quality control.
- Strive to continuously improve the quality (presentation, accuracy, and coverage) of information relevant to the business.
- Aim to “self-learn / develop” skills and understanding of industry practices, procedures and policies that would impact on Aviate.
- Knowledge of net airline fares & rules (desirable, but training will be provided).
- Knowledge of groups airfares & rules (desirable, but training will be provided).
- Booking & Pricing via GDS (desirable, but training will be provided).
- Comfortable reading XML requests and responses (desirable, but training will be provided).
- Commercially astute with a strong customer service ethic.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Excel & Word.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Prioritising and time-management.