You’ll want to know about the department that our role is in…
Our Systems team are the gateway between our client facing brands and our development company Calrom. Responsible for requirement gathering, test plans, system releases; they ensure both our bespoke travel systems and integrations are running seamlessly and continually moving forward.
The core focus of this role is to be the internal client facing Systems Product Owner for our Groups business, collating, and communicating requirements on a set of Travel Systems. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring an existing level of quality while driving forward change.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Drive product development on all Aviate & Lime groups systems communicating the vision to relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain high knowledge level of groups products and the processes relating to the product within various departments.
- Scope, document and translate requirements to Stakeholders (i.e., Business Analysts, development Product Owners etc.)
- Manage the product roadmap, prioritisation, and backlog.
- Acting as a primary liaison and link between stakeholders, development Product Owners and development support.
- Evaluating and communicating product progress.
- Design, create and execute manual testing plans in conjunction with Product Support team alongside test cases for automation with the Automated Test & Release Team.
- Proactively test systems for accuracy, speed and up to date information.
- Complete User Acceptance Testing on system releases, new functionality, and whole System quality assurance for Live rollout.
- Report and follow issues through to resolution in conjunction with system development teams using tracking software.
- Evaluate system usage and opportunity for development to reduce off-line activity.
- Read XML requests and responses for investigation and testing of systems issues and enhancements.
- Training internal users and creating user manuals for new or improved systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Be aware of company’s goals and aims and strive to achieve at every opportunity.
- Deliver an efficient and professional service to TIG’s internal and external customers.
- Attend and contribute in a positive and objective manner at team meetings or any relevant departmental/company meetings.
- Assist other departments when and where necessary to ensure business continuity and minimum standard performance.
- Maintain systems to ensure quality control.
- Strive to continuously improve the quality (presentation, accuracy, and coverage) of information relevant to the business.
- Aim to “self-learn / develop” skills and understanding of industry practices, procedures and policies that would impact on Travel Innovation Group.
Key skills required:
- Knowledge of airline groups airfares, processes & rules.
- Experience reading XML requests and responses to a high degree.
- Great organisational skills and a proactive approach to work.
- Strong customer centric ethos and natural ability to communicate effectively.
- Desire to challenge the existing and strive to enhance and develop products at all times.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Prioritising and time-management