Senior ETL/BI (data) Engineer
Flexible, to be discussed with your manager
About us and the department this role sits in:
As a fast-growing SaaS company, Calrom has a proven record of delivering innovative software for international airlines. We’re also part of the Travel Innovation Group, made up of Lime, Calrom & Aviate who all provide unique services to the travel trade.
This role sits within our team of developers. We’re a highly passionate bunch who bring the Calrom’s innovations to reality. Our team is always busy with exciting projects, from creating brand new products to continually improving our existing travel systems.
You will work closely with our Pakistan Regional Directors, Systems Architects, and Team Leads (both in Lahore and the UK) analyzing, designing, and building new systems and enhancements to existing systems. You should possess a desire to learn and work with unique, highly complex, online transactional systems, not run-of-the-mill database backed CRUD systems. Primarily you will be working on Microsoft technologies stack.
As an experienced engineer, we would expect you to contribute to our continual process of improving our systems, processes, and technology stack. Overall, we look for people who have an inquisitive mind, are always learning, and to whom development is a passion, who are not scared to look under the covers of a framework to figure out how things work, and ultimately why it may not be working as expected. You will work a group of highly passionate technology people who want to develop the best systems in their chosen business area. As a business we love to see our people grow and develop with room for both career and skills development across the organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in a similar job role, preferably in a fast-paced, data driven environment, delivering value quickly and iteratively
- Work closely with Heads, Architects, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Developers, and IT Delivery Teams to design, develop and maintain highly scalable data solutions and pipelines
- Demonstrable experience in developing solutions that support analysis and business processes in commercial environments
- Hands-on experience in installing/managing SSIS and SSRS/ PowerBI (Online/On-Premises)
- Experience in data modelling, ETL/ELT processes, and data warehousing
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (TSQL) and query/performance tuning
- Good knowledge of BI dashboarding and self-service tools, especially PowerBI and SSRS Report Server
- Experience of DevOps culture would be highly advantageous – Repo, Release pipelines, auditing
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Implementing and following best practices in Azure CICD and Git in a data environment.
- Good knowledge of Azure Data Lake(ADL) (incl. Blob Storage, Delta) Azure Data Factory (ADF) and Azure Databricks is desirable only
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a plus
- A team player can communicate effectively and comfortable working within a multi-cultural and multi-functional team, both locally and remote, understanding the perspectives of each partner.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with attention to details and are renowned for having high standards in your work.
Exciting benefits we offer:
- Two annual bonuses
- Pension scheme
- Company provided lunch every day
- Medical insurance for self & dependents (OPD/IPD)
- Leave bank and encashment policy
- Mobile allowance
- Company-paid sports activities
- Company-paid certifications
- Flexible working hours
- Career progression with personal development plans
- Open plan environment
- Company celebration dinners
- Company sponsored annual trip
- Onsite secured car park for cars and bikes
- Monthly employee birthday celebration
Where we are:
In Pakistan, our state of art office is in the newly built Tricon business center situated in the heart of Gulberg. The hi-tech building features a full height glass window, which overlooks Gymkhana Golf Club and Main Gulberg, and is surrounded by banks, cafes, restaurants, shopping malls, hospitals and health and fitness clubs.
To apply, email us with your CV or click apply now.