The Data Controller for this website is the Travel Innovation Group.
The purpose of this statement is to inform users of the site about what personal information (“Data”) is collected, stored and processed when they visit the site and why, how this information is used, if it is disclosed, how long it is retained, user’s rights and the ways in which we protect users’ privacy.
This Policy does not form part of any contract that you may have with the Travel Innovation Group’s companies. It is provided for information purposes only.
We comply with data protection legislation which requires us to ensure that Data is:
- Kept securely
- Used in a lawful, fair and transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes for which it was collected and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary
All Data collected will be held and where necessary transferred securely and in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679 (“GDPR”) in secure data base servers with HTTPS connection.
Passenger data is information relating to passengers including names, addresses, dates of birth and passport details. This data is processed and stored in order to fulfil travel arrangements or to comply with a legal obligation i.e. Advance Passenger Information compliance.
Passenger data received through an Agent Tour Operator will not be processed by us for marketing purposes.
Passengers names are deleted 400 days after their last flight.
Passengers dates of birth, addresses and passport details are deleted 90 days after their last flight.
New and existing customers data is also processed and stored. This may be contact details of Travel Agents, Tour Operators or lead passengers if they have booked directly with us as a lead passenger or the organiser of a group.
Customers may receive marketing information from us relating only to our products, service and promotions for the purposes of our legitimate business interests. However, those customers wishing to opt out of such communications will be given an opportunity to do so on each occasion that such a contact is made.
Customers names and contact details will be stored and retrieved while the customer has access to our booking systems.
Data will not normally be disclosed to third parties. However, we may need to disclose Data to a third party so that they can provide a service, or fulfil a request for information. Any personal information that we pass to a third party will be held securely by that party, in accordance with GDPR and used only to provide the services or information requested and transferred within secure Airline systems with HTTPS connection.
Users have the following rights relating to the lawful processing of their Data:
- A copy of any Data currently held
- Withdrawal of Consent to Process Specific Data when consent has been required
- Right to have an error in the Data corrected
- Right to have the Data erased subject to certain conditions
- Right to object to the processing of Data in particular circumstances
- Right not to be evaluated on the basis of automated processing