Monday – Friday on a rota basis between the hours of 08:00 – 20:00, plus a minimum of 13-16 Saturday or Sunday in a year between 09:00 – 17:30.
£22,000 plus weekend pay at 1.5x your hourly rate
About us and the department this role sits in:
We’re the foundation brand bringing together our three companies, Lime, Calrom & Aviate, all with unique services to the travel trade. This position sits in Lime & Aviate – here’s a little more on each brand’s speciality:
- Lime are the British Airways experts, providing the airline’s best fares to the travel industry with a number of unique benefits.
- Aviate was founded in 2009 with the purpose of offering the best flight content to tour operators. They now encompass multiple brands with a broad offering, all with their customers in mind.
This role sits in Flights Support where we deliver standout support to our partners via multiple channels. We’ve got a knack for tech too, using our bespoke systems and GDS’s to create and service bookings effectively.
To support your personal development, the team and wider company is dedicated to providing plenty of training opportunities, helping team members to flourish in their roles.
As our front-line support, our Flights Specialists provide friendly and efficient service to travel organisations or direct consumers via phone, email and online. By selling and servicing bookings, Flights Specialists must understand customer needs to advise effective solutions and work with the Team Leader to drive sales, hit budgets and deliver profits – all within airline deadlines and terms & conditions.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and actioning all email, phone and Help Centre requests for bookings in line with set company service level standards.
- Using a GDS to check availability and make, manage, ticket and refund bookings.
- Constructing nett fares from CAT35.
- Using industry knowledge and initiative to choose best airlines to approach to meet client’s requirements.
- Making sound commercial decisions on margins & pricing on a booking-by-booking basis.
- Updating all transactions accurately into the database.
- Keeping on top of all airline deadlines for deposits, balance payments, names & ticketing.
- Ensuring payments are received from clients in good time to meet deadlines.
- Developing a good understanding of the market and competition.
- Forming close ties with staff within airline partners to strengthen relationships.
- Be aware of, and work towards, sales targets.
We think you’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Exceptional customer service skills to deliver efficient and professional service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a flair for time management, accuracy and organisation.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- A self-motivated team player with the ability to work on your own initiative and make informed decisions – we’d love it if you’re a keen problem solver, creative thinker or can demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Knowledge of the travel industry, including using a GDS or airline knowledge would be highly beneficial, but training will be provided.
What you’ll get:
- Annual company bonus in addition to your salary.
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays.
- Hybrid working options once your four month probation period has been passed – to be discussed with your manager.
- 5% matched company pension contribution.
- Modern office with on-site gym and bar so you can enjoy a free drink on a Friday!
- Internal training academy to support your learning and personal development.
- Additional company benefits to support your wellbeing and happiness